Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Nuther Quake in Christchurch.

Kryptanyte
    Sergeant Major of the Army

Game Server Administrator Citation
    Scrim Training Medal

Nuther Quake in Christchurch.

Post  Kryptanyte on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 am

Did we loose anyone?
    hammer2
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Re: Nuther Quake in Christchurch.

Post  hammer2 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:33 am

Sad damage sounds bad with possible loss of life to our friends across the water....we hope that everyone is well and and that there are no injuries to report...all the best to our friends.......
    Kryptanyte

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Kryptanyte on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 am

Wait let me rephrase that, Did anyone loose anyone they know?
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

Post  Mary Poppins on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Wonder how Crusader is..
    hammer2
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  hammer2 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Smile can only hope that he and others from the area are just fine i know that he was close to the last one......
    Plzd0nthurtme
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Plzd0nthurtme on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm

I was saddened to hear that Scarecrow survived opps i meant gladdened sorry gawd i hate typos.

I just hope overall the toll doesnt climb too high even though sadly it will

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Dads part of the USAR task force from Australia heading over. Best wishes for all effected.

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Well it shook my house and im 300-400km from epicentre
    Kryptanyte

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Kryptanyte on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah, i got fmaily down there, and it was 6.3 at 4km down, compared to last years 7.1 at 10km down.

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:41 pm

ctus and his friend is the only one that is in chch that is in the clan and commada outside it power and water is mostly likely down and check up on the clan prob would be high on the list of priorities.

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Well I stand corrected crus is on and and a mute
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Voltstriker on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Yeah I noticed that

http://www.sonsofvalour.net

bob_pauly <3

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Im guessing that he want a more melodramatic reaction to the incident

SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes im fine & still alive. Around 65 people dead, over 100 est trapped. Pyne Guld Guness or something like that, building has collapsed. Canterbury TV station has collapsed.

Some cell towers are destroyed, some radio stations are hard to pick up.

Went into the city to find my gf, as the txts wernt getting through from overloaded network. They have been queueing txts and things so it can take up to 45 mins to get txts. Her house is damaged.

Took over 2 hrs to get to the near centre of Christchurch ( not the CBD, but below it ), to check on some mates along the way.
    The bridge to sumner beach is out & residents have to drive a LONG way around the hills to get there instead now.

Out in the rural area just outside chch we are fine & have phone & power.
    Most of the city is without power & water. Residents cannot flush the toilets. Only 5 of the city sewage pumps are working. The rest are destroyed.
    Coms & power are badly damaged. It is estimated several days before they will be 80% up & running.

The last earthquake was deeper & further away so the shock that hit chch wasnt as violent. This one was smaller magnitude, but it was right next to the city & VERY shallow.

Our great cathedral in Cathedral Square is badly damaged. It is one of the great icons of our country & especially our city.
    The tower spire which was destroyed 100 yrs ago & repaired by our ancestors has yet again been destroyed with the spire collapsing down through the tower.

Theyre talking of setting up a cordon around all of the Ave's which includes CPIT. So I hope CPIT is ok. I need to be able to go there to study.

My experience:

Driving through Chch was a long process. Traffic lights are out & busy intersections are so scary. There are no cops or anything to guide traffic. Basically people just wait & some pull out infront of each other.

Streets have massive holes in them, bridges are cracked. Roads are cracked & have bumps & heaps. Theres sand & water pushing up through many streets & many walls & fences broken. Many chimneys not destroyed by the 7.1 quake in sept last year, are definitely destroyed now.

Traffic is at a crawl in the city, especially around the streets covered by sand & water.

Its pretty devistating.

This is going to be billions to fix it.

Some links that you guys might want to see

Pics & Articles:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/image.cfm?c_id=1&gal_objectid=10708094&gallery_id=116916#7380474 - Cathedral Square
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4691060/Dean-calls-for-unity-after-tragedy - Cathedral Square
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4688231/65-dead-in-devastating-Christchurch-quake

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0iIHXFnR0 - Sumner cliff falling down. This was below where my gfs dad was working. He is ok luckily.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Aerial-shots-show-quake-damage/tabid/309/articleID/199377/Default.aspx - Areal shots. Must See !!!

http://www.3news.co.nz/Video/National/tabid/309/Default.aspx?ref=un
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Voltstriker on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Good to see ur ok Cru. Sounds like hell over there. Hope everything gets better

http://www.sonsofvalour.net

bob_pauly <3

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Good to hear you ok crus
    sgt.lethal007
    Private
    Private

Post  sgt.lethal007 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Good to hear you fellas speaking and alive, starting to get a little worried then Very Happy

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

My heart skipped a beat, nah just kidding, that's my arrhythmia. But it is good to hear you are ok.

SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 am

Fuels running low. Even our pumps in Selwyn district ( the area between the mountains & the outskirts of chch ) are empty. Only Oxford has any petrol left.

I dont know how we are going to come back from this. The country is already poor and the previous quake cost several billion.

I think eventually joining with Aus will be out only option to survive.
    Not that we will have a choice anyway. The south island is slowly moving toward australia.

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 am

Sooner or later they will do polls in both countries to see if the two wish to unite together. I know they contemplated an open borders pact but it never want ahead.
    hammer2
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  hammer2 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 am

Very Happy hey cru its great to hear that all is good with you it has been a dreadful 24 hrs for all in your country i hope they all come through ok and rebuild better and stronger...when reading through your post you were saying about checking on some of your mates but you didnt go on to say if you caught up with the girlfriend and if she was ok...i trust that she and her family are all ok...its going to be tuff for all of you over the next few months...all the best for now...boys/girls from oz
    Kryptanyte

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Kryptanyte on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 am

Well its gunna be a lot better if Aus does unite with NZ coz if the quakes start waking up the volcanoes then we are gunna have to Evac! and theres a big plan for what happens if they get activity from Mount Taupo. Goodbye NI Hello SI and Aussie! but yeah, Auckland will be hit hard because of the 10 or so that are around them, mostly Dome, so you may be able to out drive it because its a slow flow of runny lava, however! there are some problems, although Mount Rotorua its Dead, i fear that the Quakes may open a new hole in the Crust for lava to get through, this is only if there is activity from Mount Taupo, then explode like it did last time. It would be Deavastating on a MASSIVE Scale. This also means that because there are Volcanoes all through NZ, Aussie would be the "Safest" place to go.

If you want to know a little more on WTF Mount Taupo or Rotorua is please ask otherwise all the people who had Education in NZ, WTF? HOW COULD YOU NOT BE TOLD NZ HAS A SUPERVOLCANO ON IT?

Cheers

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 am

Black Angel wrote:This also means that because there are Volcanoes all through NZ, Aussie would be the "Safest" place to go.

Lol. Apart from the worlds deadliest snakes, spiders, jellyfish, Crocodiles. Not to mention Drop Bears.
    Kryptanyte

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Kryptanyte on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 am

Hey, thats fine, the only thing we wanna escape is being killed by lava, then we gunna kill all aussies (Cept the cool ones) and take over Aussie

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 am

What is this mount taupo business? its a lake. As different as you can get to a mountain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:41 am