Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net


    My Pc Upgrade

    Share
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:47 am

    K well seen as i havnt being playing bf3 this past week, so that i can get my assignments done. To help me get over my lets call it depression, i have gone and upgraded a few things for my setup.





    enjoy
    avatar
    Exocet
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

    Posts : 678
    Points : 759
    Reputation : 19
    Location : Christchurch

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Exocet on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:57 am

    I have one thing to say....














































    BITCH!!!!!

    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 1265
    Points : 1946
    Reputation : 85

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  SoV Admin on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 am

    Awesome !


    _________________
    http://sonsofvalour.forumotion.co.nz
    avatar
    gene01
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 31
    Points : 46
    Reputation : 4
    Location : chch quake city

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  gene01 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 am

    is that the g19 keyboard? you found anything for bf3 that will work on the lcd? ive got the g510. Also is that the g9 mouse? was looking at upgrading my worn out g500 and was considering the g9, any help would be appreciated! mean setup you got there! but whats under the hood Question
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 am

    thanks jas, and sorry exocet, dont worry im not used to it yet, so my skills in game are not as good, and btw tried playing solo kf last night, im not one for scary movies or games, and i have to say, its both good fun, and freaky, but 1player doesnt work too well especially when you get to the later levels where you have to reload and you get swamped.
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 am

    na havnt found any software yet, but havnt really had a look since it was released. this is the first lot of logitech stuff that i have used, and so far it is brilliant, love my mouse, fav thing of my accessories.

    under the hood i got:

    intel i7 930 1st gen.
    x58a - ud7 motherboard.
    as of today since my upgrade 12gb ram at 2000MHz.
    5870 gpu.
    no ssd as of yet, thats the next upgrade i think.
    and enough fans to support a hovercraft.

    all of this is nested in an antex 1200 case, which has way too much room.

    so yeah that is my baby.
    avatar
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

    Posts : 234
    Points : 255
    Reputation : 19
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  striken2o on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:18 pm

    why do you need 12 gigs of ram? do you never close applications or games?
    avatar
    Exocet
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

    Posts : 678
    Points : 759
    Reputation : 19
    Location : Christchurch

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Exocet on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:31 pm

    XiSTNZ wrote:thanks jas, and sorry exocet, dont worry im not used to it yet, so my skills in game are not as good, and btw tried playing solo kf last night, im not one for scary movies or games, and i have to say, its both good fun, and freaky, but 1player doesnt work too well especially when you get to the later levels where you have to reload and you get swamped.
    I'll be on soon Wink
    I'll 'help' you become acquainted with the games mechanics
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 pm

    hahah, ye basically, but seriously i got a deal that if i bought 3 packs got it for cheaper than the other 2 which i would have needed to buy, so yeah basically was like, this will set me up for a long time to come, so thought that the discount making the 3rd one 2/3 of the price was a good deal. considering they were pretty cheap.

    But yes this will now allow me to run bf3 on ultra, and still have all my background apps and other games running, cause i was finding that my system was struggling with ultra settings and all my usual background applications. so yeah. may have gone a bit wild but meh.

    Edit: exocet, dont worry think i will pick it up pretty fast just not used to such a big screen. and i tried to set up eyefinity, but the cursor alignment was off by a good 10cm to the right, so gotta have a look at that in more detail.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Guest on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:05 pm

    If I was you the next upgrade would be a bigger desk :p
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 pm

    ye already onto that slato, thinking of trading in my queen bed, for a dining table as a desk. Smile
    avatar
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1357
    Reputation : 51
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Scrim Training Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Voltstriker on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 pm

    nice setup.


    _________________
    I am a whisper, a shadow, I don't exist. By the time you realize I'm there it's already to late and by then I'm long gone. Don't run, you'll just die tired.

    http://www.sonsofvalour.net

    bob_pauly <3
    avatar
    Altimaden
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 68
    Points : 66
    Reputation : 3
    Location : Melbourne, Australia
    Donator Citation

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Altimaden on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:21 pm

    i got that mouse! mad hey? i set left and right on the scrollwheel to 3 (eg, RPG) and grenade, works nicely.

    dude you should totally get the logitech G9X headphones, they are the bomb digaty. worth every cent
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm

    ah ha, will look into it as my ones are starting to deteriorate from overuse. ahah
    avatar
    Exocet
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

    Posts : 678
    Points : 759
    Reputation : 19
    Location : Christchurch

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Exocet on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 pm

    only problem is that they are enclosed so if you have times where you need to be quite.....you're not -_-
    That's why I use open ended Headsets
    avatar
    Dotdusha
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 39
    Points : 65
    Reputation : 2
    Location : Hervey Bay

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Dotdusha on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 am

    I have the G19 Keyboard too fantastic piece of kit. Just need an ew mouse now, I have a 12 yo optical mouse lol.

    Love the screen setup, do you play it on both or just use one screen for gaming and the other for desktop view?
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 pm

    Hahaha, that mouse is lasting well.
    But so far i run games just on 1, once i finish exams, i will invest more time into setting up the dual monitor gaming properly.
    avatar
    Altimaden
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 68
    Points : 66
    Reputation : 3
    Location : Melbourne, Australia
    Donator Citation

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Altimaden on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:52 pm

    Exocet wrote:only problem is that they are enclosed so if you have times where you need to be quite.....you're not -_-
    That's why I use open ended Headsets

    ...um, pardon? open ended, as in open eared headphones are open so they let the sound out. closed eared headphones are designed to keep the sound in.
    how on earth are your headphones ever going to be quieter than closed ear?
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:59 pm

    no, if i am interpreting exocet correctly, open ear doesnt make u yell, closed ear does, because u cant hear the outside noises
    avatar
    Exocet
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

    Posts : 678
    Points : 759
    Reputation : 19
    Location : Christchurch

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Exocet on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 pm

    aka you can't hear your own voices capacity.
    you try clamping your hands over your ears and talk normally to some one.....you have to try and keep your voice down, same thing happens with 'closed' headsets they act like earmuffs, because essentially they ARE!!!! only with a speaker in them. This therefore makes the effect worse by giving the illusion it is even loader than it is OUTSIDE the earmuff...so you end up talking loader than if you were JUST wearing earmuffs....you understand or do you need me to upload a picture :3
    avatar
    Exocet
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

    Posts : 678
    Points : 759
    Reputation : 19
    Location : Christchurch

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Exocet on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

    bollocks I now need a new monitor -_- I'll post a pick and you have to guess what happened Razz
    It's both hilarious, stupid, and well....embarrassing

    justeh
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 3
    Points : 6
    Reputation : 1

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  justeh on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:37 am

    Next time you feel like investing into a setup your welcome to help m
    avatar
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 385
    Points : 428
    Reputation : 22
    Location : Sydney
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  XiSTNZ on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:58 am

    hahah will do.
    avatar
    Altimaden
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 68
    Points : 66
    Reputation : 3
    Location : Melbourne, Australia
    Donator Citation

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Altimaden on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 am

    Exocet wrote:aka you can't hear your own voices capacity.
    you try clamping your hands over your ears and talk normally to some one.....you have to try and keep your voice down, same thing happens with 'closed' headsets they act like earmuffs, because essentially they ARE!!!! only with a speaker in them. This therefore makes the effect worse by giving the illusion it is even loader than it is OUTSIDE the earmuff...so you end up talking loader than if you were JUST wearing earmuffs....you understand or do you need me to upload a picture :3

    no picture nessisary, i do know what you mean, and that was a problem when i got them, i realised i was talking too loud, but do you know what i did? practice not talking so loud and yaknow what? i just dont talk too loud. its really not hard. you understand or do you want me to write out a guide?
    avatar
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

    Posts : 234
    Points : 255
    Reputation : 19
    Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  striken2o on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 pm

    Altimaden wrote:
    Exocet wrote:aka you can't hear your own voices capacity.
    you try clamping your hands over your ears and talk normally to some one.....you have to try and keep your voice down, same thing happens with 'closed' headsets they act like earmuffs, because essentially they ARE!!!! only with a speaker in them. This therefore makes the effect worse by giving the illusion it is even loader than it is OUTSIDE the earmuff...so you end up talking loader than if you were JUST wearing earmuffs....you understand or do you need me to upload a picture :3

    no picture nessisary, i do know what you mean, and that was a problem when i got them, i realised i was talking too loud, but do you know what i did? practice not talking so loud and yaknow what? i just dont talk too loud. its really not hard. you understand or do you want me to write out a guide?

    got myself a set of turtle beach x11s, it automatic replays what you're transmitting to the headphones, so no need to worry if you're too loud cheers

    Sponsored content

    Re: My Pc Upgrade

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:14 am